Licensing

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Okay, I admit football isn't my favorite sport (I think that is reserved for hockey and maybe baseball as a close second), but it's hard not to get excited about a brand new season, with a brand new quarterback, playing an age old foe! Tonight it's Bears/Packers, baby!!

On another note, I'm not sure how many people out there watch Oprah. I don't, normally. But here in Chi-town they run a repeat of the morning's show after Nightline, so it airs around 11:00 pm. Sometimes when I have the TV on for background and catch part of the news and then get distracted, I'm aware of the time when I see Oprah come on. Anyway, the other day I saw part of her season opener. She had shut down Michigan Avenue one day last week -- yep, the Magnificent Mile, all of the street in front of that retail bliss tied up by the Oprah people. That alone was cool to see, but what was really fun was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T22VEBznFVo&NR=1

This fun Flashmob was awesome! And yes, tonight's gonna be a good night!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Stubby said...

Hi dw! I love football and I'm so ready to spend my entire Sunday watching all the games. Dad and I are Bears fans, but Mom roots for those Cowboys.

Oprah really is something, isn't she? She caught a lot of flack for closing down the Mag Mile, but hey, she's Oprah!

Stubby xoxo

dw said...

Hi Stubby, we've got a Cowboys fan in the family, too. He was born in Dallas, so I guess it's allowed!