Licensing

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Being Thankful

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, a time to reflect, a time to remember and mostly a time to give thanks for all that we have. I am thankful for many things, mostly my family and friends, both real and online, I'm thankful for the bounty of the harvest that provides wonderful meals, I'm thankful for safe travels that let me get together with family and friends, I'm thankful for success stories, like Walter and Ace, I'm thankful for health and happiness, I'm thankful for all the blessings I've received this past year even in a difficult economy. It's times like this, when we sit back to think about it, when we really focus on what's important, that we realize that life isn't so much about the big screen TVs, the fancy cars, the fancy jobs, the luxury homes. It's about the connections we make with others, the humanity that we touch and that touch us. And I thank each of you that have read my humble little blog and reached out that hand (or paw) of friendship. It means the world to me!

7 comments:

Arlo The Pug said...

Aww DW! We are thankful for you too! You are always so encouraging and sweet! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Salinger The Pug said...

Awww...what a nice post!

We're thankful for friends like YOU too!

Happy Thanksgiving...sending you lots of puggy kisses!

Love,
S-Dog (and mom, Laura)

Stubby said...

Hi dw! You have a way with words and I couldn't have said it better myself.

My paw is always extended your way whenever you need a little lift me up or you just want to say hi. Thanks for being a great bloggy friend.

Stubby xoxo

Two French Bulldogs said...

Very nice post...Happy almost Turkey Day!
Benny & Lily

Hank said...

DW, honey.....now THAT is some good readin'.

Have a great turkey day, honey!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Dw
As always you have the most beautiful words with so much meaning. Whenever your pen touches the paper- you take a chance in touching someone.
I wanted to let you know that YOU have touched our hearts,so many times with all that you say.
We are thankful to be part of your cirle of friends.
love
tweedles

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

What a great thankful post!! Thanks for sharing it. :)
xo