Licensing

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

What's Red and Green with Blue all over?

Yesterday morning I awoke to white! We had gotten a few inches of snow overnight and before the snow lost its luster, I took a picture of it sticking to the trees across the street. It looked like someone had frosted the trees, an icing courtesy of Mother Nature! Well, that really put me in a holiday spirit so today I opened the boxes and bags of decorations that I had pulled out and Christmasified my condo! There was red, there was green, but there was also a suspicious blue that ran throughout many of the decorations! There is a Christmas angel under my little tree, received from a friend in Spain; there is a snowflake man from a friend in Oregon; there's a cable car from a friend in San Francisco and Norwegian reindeer from a friend in Britain who spent a summer in Norway. There's two pillows, one from a cousin in Texas, and one from a phile friend in Pittsburgh. There are ornaments and trinkets I picked up on Cape Cod, in Germany, and at the Chicago Christmas markets. There's Snoopy and Woodstock and Garfield and snowmen and lots and lots of Stitches! There are ornaments from Randolph AFB and from Christmas packages throughout the years; there's Hallmark ornaments and a Blackhawk one and a pirate nutcracker. There's a puggie in a stocking ornament and silver reindeer stocking holders. But mostly there's joy at the season, happy memories of years past, anticipation of being with family and the fun and food that brings, there's little treasures for family and friends yet to be wrapped and wishes of tidings of great joy to everyone and on earth peace, good will toward men.




















































































































13 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Nice pikhs!

Of khourse, I khould hardly tear my eyes from the SNOW!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I'm glad woo thought of me during the story of Akira - she was khwite something - of khourse, I would go those miles but keep going and going and going ;-)

houndstooth said...

Your decorations are beautiful! Wasn't that snow great? It felt like we really were in a winter wonderland yesterday!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

I love Stich! We have only one lil xmas decoration of him for our tree. Yours are so much fun!!

Sequoia Tuni & Jenn

Winston Wilbur said...

Wow yous went all outs!!!! But waits a minutes heres! Blackhawks..... NOOOOOOOOOOO. Pft should be Canucks BOL We have entered you in the contest!

Winston

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Fury cute pho-toes!!
Like 'da little blue stitchy stuffie man too's!!

hugs!!
IzZY, Josie, TriXie and Anakin Man

Maddy and Owen said...

we don't know about all those stiches, but we sure do love the pug decorations.

wet licks,
Maddy & The Oster

Tweedles -- that's me said...

All your photos of memories are all so special,, and we know how you feel,,,
but also,, your way with words is so deep and reflective..
We have followed you for a long time,,, and ,,,,,,,
Your words feel,,, so many emotions,, and that is why we have loved your bloggy so much.
love
tweedles

Hank said...

VERY pretty!

I don't know about you, but it takes me twice as long to decorate the tree because every ornament reminds me of some one or some time.

Merry Christmas to you!

Sarah, Hank and Molly

Rookie Bebe said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Love your Christmas post. I almost didn't put up my tree. I was going to let stupid stressors keep me from my joy this holiday. But my little white tree is up and every ornament makes me smile.

Dana Orsborn said...

So pretty! Your snow photo looks
like it should grace a Holiday
card. Daisy and I love your
Holiday decorations too.

We hope you had a great weekend!

-Dana & Daisy

Those Elgin Pugs said...

tank yous for the beauTefuls Christmas Card~

~Merry Christmas to yous~
loves,
IzZY, Josie, TriXie and Anakin Man

Archie and Melissa said...

hi dw!

Merry Merry christmas to you!

xoxoxo
m & e

Apollo said...

Those are some cool Christmas decorations you have. I hope you had a great Christmas and best wishes for 2011!