Licensing

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day and Easter


It's spring, at least by the calendar, and by the amount of rain we've been having lately. It's all part of the cycle of our Mother Earth, isn't it? April showers bring May flowers they say. And this year a late Easter falls just after Earth Day, which is today. It's a time of renewal, Easter is. Of rebirth. And just like the renewal of life in spring, we can all renew our commitment to the planet. There are little things you can do, and big things you can do, but it's important to do something. Thanks to Angel Stubby we all became more aware of our impact on our world, and with the 'Green Stubby' report, Winston is carrying on that good work. I've become more aware of all the plastic we use in our everyday life. You know all that plastic is made from oil, and we all remember the devastating effect oil had just one year ago. So why are we using all that plastic? I already use reusable bags when I go to the store (you know the kind, just like Dutch wore on his nose in Puglet's green video last year!), but I've got plastic containers, and plastic wrap, and plastic CD holders, and so many other places where plastic is being used. My goal is to cut down on the plastic I use, and the plastic I buy (and that includes all that extra packaging that is in nearly everything in stores these days, including that hard plastic wraps to prevent theft that cut your hands when you try to open them), So, what are you doing? What changes are you making? Earth Day and Easter, a weekend combination of renewal, rebirth and recommitment. And a time to smile and remember, too, with a picture of Rainy (now Lola) I received yesterday from her mom. Happy Easter and Happy Earth Day!

5 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Happee Easter. We hope spring is finally on it's way
Benny & Lily

Archie and Melissa said...

hi dw!
what a wonderful photo of Rainy-Lola Belle :)
thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!
what a wonderful way to celebrate earth day!
so much love and life!
xoxoxo

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Dear DW
your post made me think, and it made me want to make changes...
now those changes i must find.
i want to be re- new'd too..
i want our Earth to be a better place too. I want our Earth to be healthy.
You are right,, Stubby showed us what we need to do,, now we must go where he led us..... to renew the Earth,, one step at a time.
Thank you for also sharing the photo of little Rainy... she looks so happy and so loved.
love
tweedles

Tiffy said...

What a wonderful post! Momma told me she met Rainy, and I think Rainy and I could be twins! She looks so happy in her new home and I'm so glad her momma sends you pictures.

Momma and I have been celebrating Earth Day for the past two days. I had never celebrated Earth Day before I came her but from now on it's going to be an annual event for me.

I am learning how to be more eco-friendly. Momma is teaching me and so is Angel Stubby. I am hoping to plant a garden this year so that I can lessen my carbon footprint. I am also going to ask Momma to only buy me treats that aren't packaged. Like you said, all that plastic isn't good for the Earth.

Tiffy

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Rainy is looking cute there!

Hugs
S&P