Licensing

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Brand New Start

The calendar says it's February 25th, but my heart says it's spring! The last few weeks have been emotional, and trying, and difficult, but now I feel renewed in my heart, knowing I did the right thing for Rainy even though I still miss her so. I received a few pictures from her new family and she's now sleeping on the big bed with her brothers, and sleeping in Dad's lap, so I know she is happy and has someone special taking care of her. I will try again when I'm ready, when the situation is better and I've thought it through a lot more. But for now, I'm restarting my life out of the doldrums because spring is in the air!

Yes, there's still snow on the ground (and another nor'easter threatening the east coast), and yes we are all watching the Winter Olympics, but spring is really coming. The other week, pitchers and catchers reported for spring training; now the entire squads are there, preparing for a spring and summer filled with cheers and hits and great catches and perhaps no-hitters. Spring always leads me to want to declutter and organize and freshen my home, and this year's no different. So I've started spring cleaning, I'm trying to get some of the clutter out of my life. I'm planning on trying new things.

Spring is in the air and soon the birds and the flowers and the sunshine will tell us so in ways everyone can hear. But in these last waning days of meteorological winter, can you hear spring calling? What is it telling you?

13 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Thanks fur sharing Rainy's update...

When the time is right, you'll know it!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Stubby said...

Hi dw! I hear the birds signing last week for the first time in months! They told me that spring is right around the corner and they are ready to build their nests and have babies. How exciting!

I overheard Mom and Dad talking about going to spring training this year and I have a feeling I can't go. That makes me mad because I love baseball. Maybe I can talk them into driving instead of flying so that I can go.

Stubby xoxo

Archie and Melissa said...

hi dw!
spring is right around the corner.
it is telling us to start planning our garden.:)
xoxo

houndstooth said...

Every time I think I hear Spring calling here, it turns out to be a wrong number and we get dumped on with snow again!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Spring has been whispering in my ear promises of fun days to come.
I hear the trees in the forest wiggling their roots and stretching and getting ready to show us their new little pine cones.
I see little birds lookiing for places to build their nests, and they are looking for soft fluffy bedding to lay their eggs in.
I saw a mama deer and she had a big tummy- I think something magical will happen soon.
Thank you for sharing about my friend Rainy. I am happy she gets to sleep in a big bed with mommy and daddy.
When spring comes for you-- YOU will know it.
I have missed you.
love
tweedles

Paula said...

Spring must be around the corner because here in my corner of nw PA, even with the wind and snow today, I got bluebirds perching on my tree out front. I feel so bad for them....so cold.

Dana Orsborn said...

Hi Dw!

Penny and I haven't stopped by
your blog in a while, but we
wanted to say hello!

We've been catching up on your blog,
and we're glad to hear Rainy is
settling in. Penny and I think
that things usually happen
the way they are meant to.

We hope you have a great weekend!

-Dana & Penny

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

It's telling mommy that she better loose a few pounds cause she won't be able to cover it up anymore with sweaters!

Luv,
Riley and Star.

Hank said...

DW, honey.....Spring is tellin' me tuh git my butt outside an' do some walkin' with my mom 'cause we BOTH could use it!

Pee S: word verification: bradsays. Who the heck is Brad???

Life With Dogs said...

It's telling me to move south. :)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That must have been a very hard decision to make, but at the same time it must be encouraging to know that Rainy is happy. We have to echo Khyra's thoughts.

Our Mom is so ready for spring. Soon, she hopes.

Woos, Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Pugsley and Lola said...

Hi DW:)

We just wanted to send some Pugs & Kisses your way!!!

We are sooo ready for spring!! We miss our evening walks.

Pus & Kisses
Pugsely & Lola

Adventures of two Indianapolis Girls said...

My Mom understands, she had to give up her first pug Babe because it wasn't right. It took some time (she gave up Babe in 2001) but now she has me and she says it's a good fit and keeps taking annoying pics of me (better be a good fit, I work hard to guard her apartment from those noisy neighbors)